An operational capability comprises four interrelated components of people, technology, process and content.
The people dimension of industrial work emphasize
- Known and validated workplace and job competencies
- Accountabilities for getting specific jobs done in safe and efficient manner
- Reporting of the status of assigned work, and
- Shared social norms and behaviors as a employee and contractor
The technology dimension emphasizes both information infrastructure and tools, including
- Physical tools and equipment
- Software applications and connectivity
- Personal protective equipment, and
- Digital infrastructure
The process dimension of an operational capability incorporates
- Business information systems
- Workflow automation, and
- Procedures and checklists
The content dimension includes
- Streaming media of live / online collaboration
- Recorded digital media of the job being done and collaborative support
- Structured publications and curated or unstructured collections of photos, screenshots and videos
- Semantic data and metadata that enable rapid and accurate retrieval
The production of performance support content represents a hard and persistent problem that you can solve with REN, starting with the capture and processing of work-generated content.
Remote Expertise Network from SmarTECHS touches all four dimensions of the operational capability for performance support of industrial workers.
REN-enabled performance support enables a field worker or incident response team to access and collaborate with global and local networks experts.
Global and local networks of experts
The operational capability for harnessing the power Remote Expertise Network includes the efficient way to connect needed experts with a field worker, technician or supervisor within seconds or minutes.